There are many leaflets and books available on the subject of pet loss from SCAS, libraries, bookshops and online retailers.
- Creating Compassionate Classrooms. Children and pet loss: Guidance for teachers
- Creating Compassionate Workplaces – A Guide for Employers
- Creating Compassionate Care for Children: Pet bereavement guidance for parents, guardians and social workers
Books and booklets published by SCAS but currently not available:
- Death of an Animal Friend
This booklet is helpful for anyone experiencing the loss of their pet.
- Missing my pet by Alex Lambert, aged 6
Written by a young child this book offers help for children coming to terms with the loss of their pet, including a guide for parents.
- Pet loss and support for bereaved pet owners
Report of a SCAS seminar held in July 1993, by Jill Nicolson, published by SCAS
Other books currently unavailable:
- Companion Animal Death by Mary Stewart
This is a practical and comprehensive guide on companion animal death and euthanasia for all veterinary staff.
- Children and Pets A guide for parents, teachers and therapists. An informative guide to developing positive interations between children and pets.