There are many leaflets and books available on the subject of pet loss from SCAS, libraries, bookshops and online retailers. All of our publications are currently in storage with limited access. We hope to make them available again soon.
Books and booklets published by SCAS but currently not available:
- Death of an Animal Friend
This booklet is helpful for anyone experiencing the loss of their pet.
- Missing my pet by Alex Lambert, aged 6
Written by a young child this book offers help for children coming to terms with the loss of their pet, including a guide for parents.
- Pet loss and support for bereaved pet owners
Report of a SCAS seminar held in July 1993, by Jill Nicolson, published by SCAS
Other books currently unavailable:
- Companion Animal Death by Mary Stewart
This is a practical and comprehensive guide on companion animal death and euthanasia for all veterinary staff.
- Children and Pets A guide for parents, teachers and therapists. An informative guide to developing positive interations between children and pets.