Here you will find some useful publications on the subject of older people and pets, as well as the details of organisations that can offer further help and advice.
- Organisations such as The Cinnamon Trust, Anchor Trust and Elderly Accommodation Counsel all have details of sheltered accommodation and care homes which accept pets.
- The SCAS book Older People and Pets: A comprehensive guide is available to purchase online.
- Practical Guidelines on Pet Management for Housing Providers, is published by Pathway and the Pet Advisory Committee. Please see the 2010 revised booklet for the latest information, available to download from the Dogs Trust website.
- Keeping pets in private retirement and sheltered housing – A Good Practice Guide, is published by Age UK and you may be able to access a copy by contacting them via their website.
- The RSPCA’s new pet guidance for social landlords booklet, titledHousing: a good practice guide, can be downloaded from the RSPCA website.
- The Eden Alternative is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the experience of aging and disability around the world.