We are looking for volunteers to join our public advisory panel. As a member of the SCAS advisory panel you would be invited to review applications for funding once a year to help us to make decisions about the projects we fund.
Reviews will be undertaken remotely at your convenience and you will be asked to return your feedback by email between March and May each year (2020-2023). You will be asked to consider:
- How important is the research to the public?
- Is there an accessible and easy to read lay summary?
- Is there potential for the study to have a positive impact on humans and animals?
- Are plans for public engagement appropriate?
- Have the applicants maximised opportunities to tell people about their research?
You do not need to have any experience of undertaking research, just an interest in human-animal interactions. For more information and to express an interest in joining the public panel, please contact: email@example.com