We are delighted to announce a new series of monthly webinars for 2021. Most webinars are free to SCAS members, for non-members there will be a small charge to help SCAS cover the cost of running these. Find out about forthcoming webinars here.
Over the years SCAS has delivered some of the highest quality and leading edge training in the human-animal bond, animal-assisted interventions and pet bereavement support.
Some of the courses that SCAS has delivered include:
- Pet Loss Support in Veterinary Practice
- Introduction to Animal-Assisted Interventions
- Companion Animal Interventions in Therapeutic Practice
- Practical Training for Therapy Dogs
Please note, our training provision is currently under review and the above courses are not available for enrolment.
In addition to our structured training programmes SCAS has delivered workshops and presented at conferences to a variety of audiences including:
- Association of Veterinary Students conference, London
- Bristol Veterinary School
- Royal Veterinary College
- University of Liverpool
- University of Cambridge
- Nottingham University
- Edinburgh veterinary school
- Glasgow veterinary school
- The Veterinary Forensic and Law Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA)
- British Venterinary Nursing Association (BVNA)
- Society for Practicing Veterinary Surgeons (SPVS)
- Polmont Young Offenders Institution in Falkirk, Scotland talking about the use of AAI alongside Joan Dalton from Project Pooch.
- Pet Food Manufacturers Association
- International Association for Human Animal Interaction Organisations (IAHAIO)